Last week I had a wonderful idea to help the kids in my Basic Reading class make paper dragons. The plan is to fold a few strips of paper together in such a fashion as to create an enlongated body. Then we shall attach each end to a chopstick and they can swing them around. Writing this blog makes me realize what a crazy idea this is. I'm sure that the children will end up poking their eyes out. So we will also be using feathers as the tail of the dragon, or the fire they breathe out, we haven't yet decided. However, yesterday I let each child pick out a feather for them to use for their dragon. They were quite excited about it. Their were so many colors to choose from and luckily they were of a decent quality. My feather on the other hand was a little bottom heavy so I couldn't be much with it. Anyways, after I had handed out the feathers we decided to blow them around a little bit. As you can see from the video below we had quite a bit of fun. It is amazing that children can have so much fun playing with simple objects like feathers. It gives me hope that as a parent someday I might be even a little entertaining.
I hope that you all find as much joy watching these video's of my students because there will probably be more. Since I don't have a wallet to pull kids pictures out like every other parent, I guess that my blog will have to do. Just be grateful I don't have you trapped in a corner at a family party talking nonstop about me kids. If you have forgotten who any of these children are you can check out the profiles previously created.
4 comments:
I am glad that you are doing well. A lot of fun adventures. I just sent you an e-mail, but then I realized you probably don't check your e-mail much anymore?
We are doing great, just really enjoying the married life. I enjoy keeping up by reading your blog!
http://jakeandheatheryospe.blogspot.com/
Jake Yospe
Please PLEASE keep posting videos! Especially of these guys! I want to hear them talking! Tell them you're making it for Miss Erin. ;-)
That's a fun idea.
Tell me Steve, is there any significance to the aprons the kids wear?
Steve! I just stumbled upon your blog and i'm loving it. How weird you're in Taiwan. How weird you're with Joseph (he wouldn't remember, but he sat a few seats away from me in the BYU Men's Chorus). How awesome for both and for cute Chinese kids!
Post a Comment