Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sharon


I must admit that when I started teaching morning kindergarten I was not a huge fan of Sharon. Perhaps the look on Sharon's face was one that I would find myself making if we could rewind a few months. Sharon didn't quite know what it meant to sit in her seat or listen to the teacher.

But since the beginning she has begun a wonderful transition towards becoming a normal Chinese student who loves sitting nicely in her chair but still tries to help out the teacher in every possible way. Though the transition has been painful, as seen able it has also been worth the wait.

The day we all decided to be doctors Sharon patiently waited her turn for her checkup from Sean, Candy and Corey. She looks almost too clam and relaxed, it even had me worried for a little bit. But she managed to snap out of it and within a few days she had decided to rekindle her energies once again.

The day we talked about kissing she was the first in line and continued to kiss me on the check even after the activity came to an end. It was quite impressive the turnabout she went through and I was grateful that "Sharon, sit nicely" is no longer a part of my everyday vocabulary. Sharon will be missed because of her spunkiness. Hopefully her next teacher will be able to figure out how to handle all of her energy but it's worth the wait when she finally decides to come around.

No comments: