Destiny and I both major in history/political science stuff. Although it would seem that would be a wonderful way to start a relationship it hasn't quite worked out. We get along well enough and even talk late into the night sometimes but Destiny is destined for other things. She is turning in her mission papers to serve somewhere. So although we get along great I might have to just wait a few more years.
Another necessity is that someone actually likes you. I was recently told by Amy, a secretary, that Yvonne's mom said that Yvonne talks about me frequently after she gets into the car to drive home. Yvonne is the girl on the left. So I have been haming it up with Yvonne making her giggle. Sometimes Yvonne and Dream, the girl on the right, will walk by my classroom and laugh while I make crazy faces. Maybe she's got a little crush or maybe she just thinks I'm crazy, either way it gives me enough confidence to try my skills on the older ladies.
Unfortunately my recent moments in the spotlight have been less then desirable. I was recent cast in Berhan's graduation program as a lion. I lay on the floor, wake up, attack other teachers with a jump rope and then drag them off stage. Maybe I am getting a little too into the role and scaring girls away. I can't help it if I have a role to play, it's my job. I get paid to look and act like a scary monster.Joseph, of course, comes out looking like the hero. Here he sits looking all fatherly and unscary. Not only do the kids come flocking to his side but the girls come too. He has recently managed to convince some of the girls to wear clothes that match his:
Well the first picture doesn't really count 'cause Tammy already has a boyfriend. However, Sain is currently single but thinking about changing that status if given the option.
So Joseph has pretty much won over the hearts of the girls in the apartment. Well you know what, I still have the kindergarten girls. Last week we had a activity where we talked about kissing. I jokingly asked the kids if they wanted to kiss me and they actually said yes.
Now the problem is becoming how to stop them from kissing me. It seems that Teresa and Sharon have decided it is a game to play and then a few of the other kids join in too. Sure it feels great to be fought over, but it would have been nice to have the older girls, teacher really, fight over me instead of fawn over Joseph. But I guess you can't win them all. I'll just have to look for love in the good old USA.
2 comments:
Try not to over think it Steve. I goes much easier that way. Good luck with the ladies though. My heart goes out to you!
I think you should try making posters. In fact, put that picture of you posing on the wood floor. The ladies will flock to you...and I'm sure they'll only be too happy to wear matching shirts. ;)
Post a Comment