But then stuff like this happens and it totally throws me for a loop. Here you have four little kindergarteners and me all poking our hands into Owen's face. He just sat there happy as can be because we were pretending to give him his check up. He made it out without any tears and that is mostly what surprised me. I got down next and I couldn't handle all of the little fingers in my eyes trying to pry them open. It was all I could do from jumping straight up and running into the corner to cry.
Well we continued to give one another check ups to determine if any of us were sick. Corey, as you can see, passed the test and was able to go home without any additional medicine.
Even Jenny was able to pass with flying colors despite the wonderful tea flavored jello-like substance which she had managed to swallow. I tell you, had it been me it probably would have made me sick I then the kids would have to go calling for a doctor. But really most of the time I can judge if the children are feeling sick and when I ask them about it they will give me a straight answer.But the problems occur when you gain new students. Recently Eli and Shayla joined our ranks. If you think their names are strange you can blame them on me because they had me come up with the names on the spot, but that's another story. Anyways, we were sitting down to have a wonderful snack of hotdogs and Shayla had just taken a couple of bites when it all came back. We had to pause snack for a few minutes to ensure that no one else would join in the fun and try the same antics. Luckily we were saved from further incidents.
But tears, blood and whatever else the kids happen to throw at me doesn't scare me like it use to. Maybe it's because I know that most of the time the kids are pretty cute and don't usually do it on purpose, but then again maybe some do.
1 comment:
Steve, you really are learning tons. It takes a lot of patience to handle crying kids especially when they are throwing up. I can see that this is one of those "skills" you are going to bring home. It will totally help you as a parent. Tammy McQ
Post a Comment