This year April Fool's day came twice. Monday March 31st and April 1st. The 31st started off innocently enough. I had the Teddy Bears to deal with and really they aren't much of a challenge. But I should have known when Dream took over my chair. I was sitting in the front of the room and she decided that she wanted to share the chair with me. So I consented and she became the teacher. I sat in her chair and then the entire class decided to take over. They enjoyed yelling random things at me, I'm sure it was all in English, but you never know. The rest of morning kindergarten went quite well. I did not have to send any children to the corner today, a real first.
After they got bored of that they decided to hunt for snails, just like they always like to do. They found plenty and this time, since it had rained, there were still live snail inside of the shells.
After about half an hour I realized that I should probably come back inside and finish up the last half hour attempting to do something productive. So I sat them all down and told them they could come up and tell me about they wanted to draw and with what color they wanted. It entertained them for a while and then I had a parent look in the window and realized I should probably make it look like I was doing something productive. So I had them make the sounds of the letters we are working on this week so I could maintain some semblence of order in the classroom.
I finally got through the day but then the next day was the real April Fool's and the ladies decided to switch my bed with Joseph's. They also decided to dye his milk purple. They thought it was super funny but Joseph wants to kill them.
1 comment:
Ahh, April Fool's antics! What fun (or not).
Post a Comment