Sunday, April 20, 2008

Promised Videos

Many moons ago I promised a friend that I would upload videos of my kindergarten basic reading class. I guess you could call me a liar up to this point in time. I am now trying to repent and as part of the process I have decided to post some of the amazing videos which I have taken, well I don't know when they started, but anyways. Here you go all you people who have been waiting for however many videos I manage to upload tonight.

This first video really shows what kind of slavedriver I have become since last posting. We had a kitchen activity and I made the children help clean up after the deed was done. As you can see a few of the kids were not excited about what I called a new and exciting opportunity. I am trying to train them to be better husbands and fathers though and decided I would give them a head start.

I continue to drive the children to work harder for me so I don't have to and as you can see Ray was more than happy to help out. During this week it was his job to help put all of the chairs on top of the table so the cleaning ladies job would be just a little bit easier. He also managed to say hello to one of his old teachers in the process.

But having a class full of boys naturally leads to crazy moments. As you can see the boys decided to try and make music although it didn't work out too well, but they try real hard.

I am not sure what exactly inspired the final picture but it made me laugh nonetheless. I think Ray, the kid in the black shirt got a little bit excited and put up his shirt. Then Bairt, who loves to do anything that I approve of or think is funny decided to follow suit. When I first saw it I thought they looked like nuns but apparently I am the only teacher who had that image play in their head. Maybe I have just had a little bit too much "Sound of Music."

1 comment:

Erinlizabeth said...

Thank you thank you thank you! Oh... you made my little heart go pitter patter. ;-) I miss these guys. A lot. I dreamt (dreamed?) (had a dream about?) them the other night. I love that last picture... I remember one day Ray inspired everyone to do that when I was teaching too and I about fell over laughing. Hilarious! I'm glad to see you're treating them well.. and visa versa. Keep up the good work!