"I one to geve you a big bear decause I like to gete frind a toys. and I like to play a dog. and the pig at my hous. I is You You is my HAHA!! I no you is a poo poo and the bum." I am assuming that he likes me and is not calling me "a poo poo", but one can never be sure. Anyways I thought that the fact that he gave me a note was cool, especially considering the fact that these children have only been writing since January. I haven't yet taught them words but Bairt seems to be catching on anyways. After he gave me the note he told me that he had to put something in my bag.
As you can see he was kind enough to wrap a small bear in gold paper of some kind and put it in a box, almost like a present. This happened to be the same box which his token prize came in the day before. He just did a little work on the outside of the box and pasted some paper on it and wrapped it. From a guy to a guy I couldn't be more impressed. For those of you who are wondering why it says Mr. Adams it is because that is the name I go by. Most teachers go by Mr. Joseph or Ms. Sara but I figured I might as well use the last name. I'm kinda starting to like it. So now comes the mystery of why he would give something to me. It could be because I am a crazy teacher and not only allowed the following to happen but participated:
You can hear Michael in the background screaming that he also wants me to squirt whipped cream into his mouth too. Michael hasn't quite yet realized the concept of raising his hand when he wants something, but we are working on it. So back to Barit. It could be that I just let the kids run loose on break and then they all end up piled on top of me for photo-ops. You'll notice that Bairt let me poke him in the checks. Well this might be a classy picture but it was taken today, after the fact, so it couldn't be for this reason.
Perhaps the most reasonable reason is the fact that Bairt is just a good kid watching my back. He always wants to please the teacher, me, and makes sure the other kids are in line. Case in point:Tony was kind enough to bring in a live snail from our break and so we spend 15 minutes talking about how wonderful it was. As you can see Bairt defending the snail from harm just as the video finishes. Needless to say I was quite pleased that one of my students liked me enough to give me a bear, regardless of the condition it was in. It was nice to be thought about and makes me realize how much I could have gotten away with if I would have brought my teachers something before the school year was over.
2 comments:
How sweet! They sure do love you don't they. How will you ever say goodbye to them when the time comes? You'll find a way.
Oh my gosh... I love that kid! I love them all! I can't believe he wrote that! That is just insane... Hey, where are these videos you promised???
Post a Comment