A lot has changed in my life recently and I'm not quite sure how excited I am about all of it. Somethings really are grand and others... not so much. I graduated from college of course and that is suppose to be a wonderful event in a person's life. I am finding however that that is not always the case. It seems that I have just reached the top of a mountain. I worked really hard to climb all the way to the top and now I'm coasting down to the bottom. There is not much stopping me before I reach the valley and I need to find out where the next mountain to climb is. What is this wonderful job that I am going to find someday? I have decided to take the Foreign Service Officer exam in June and should receive my study guide in the mail sometime this week. I will also be taking the GRE in the next little while too. However I wouldn't find out how I did for quite a while after taking these tests and sometimes when I read my blog I realize that spelling and comprehension is not always my strong point. I spelled surprise wrong and never noticed it, turns out that spell check is really not the greatest gift to mankind.
Still, I planned a trip to Ohio this coming week which I am thrilled about and also partly not overly excited about it. I can't wait to see Taiwan friends again and pretend like we are back in Taiwan. But things have changed, I'll miss Kristen, the warm weather, singing for the prophet and a member of the Presidency of the 70. But I do get to see Columbus, Kirtland, Niagara Falls, and Palmyra. Not exactly the best time of year, but cheaper than going in the peak Summer season. So really I am looking forward to the trip but not the fact that I have used up most of my minutes for the month and my month isn't half over yet. And I can't wait to call people on the nights or weekends, cause it ain't in my plan. But then again, people in the ancient days ( 1990's) did not have cell phones so I suppose I can make it a week, or a couple of weeks without texting or talking to the rest of the world.
But life is still great. I was planning on trying out for a show down at Rogers Memorial Theatre but I had missed the auditions last month. I got a call from a member of the stake music committee and she asked if I would be willing to take on the role of Doubting Thomas in the second half of "Savior of the World" for an Easter program. So I get my first gig at acting, kinda nervous, not going to lie, but also very excited. I'll give you more details and when you check out my My Face blog look on the Thursdays for pictures. So the Lord continues to bless me, even more than I sometimes feel I deserve. I am dating a wonderful girl, yes still dating her for those of you who might have been confused. Looking for a job, yet blessed to have one while I am looking. I have a family that loves me and let me live with them. The list could go on but I should stop. I get to start my first semester of only institute classes. It will be a little strange going up to Weber just to sing and learn about the Book of Mormon but hopefully I'll soon find a job that would create new opportunities for advancement in life. The Lord has always taken care of me though so I have stopped worrying and started wondering where the next step of life will lead me. I use to pretend like I knew what was coming next, but I have stopped because it usually doesn't happen the way I expect it to.
Hope this post worked out for you. It felt good to just write and not entertain with pictures like I usually might. But for want of consistency it add a few pictures just to keep my picture people happy.
::{ Florida Fun }::
11 years ago
3 comments:
I can't believe you get to sing Thomas in Savior of the World! What an incredible opportunity! Wish I could see it. You'll be fabulous!
Thanks for the update on your life. It's nice to see where you could be headed. You are on the right track so keep it up.
1. The post totally worked out for me.
2. Beautiful picture.
3. Give Joseph (and the others, for that matter) a hug for me.
4. Out of minutes on your phone, huh?
Post a Comment