I joined the auditioned choir at the institute and decided that I would be nice when people were nice to me and that would be the end of it. As you can see I was quite content being lonely and walking to the beat of my own drum. Everyone's attention is turned another direction and I'm happily stirring the alfredo sauce, an anti-social activity. If the story ended there then I would be accomplishing my goal but alas it does not.
I got sucked into the activities once again. I started to be kind to the people around me and my old choir friends wanted to get lunch during the week after class. Of course I consented and then more people joined and soon I was friends with half the class. I tried really hard to be unfriendly, well I guess that is a lie because if I was I would have no friends in class. Turns out I really do enjoy making new friends because of the new experiences they have to share with me. It is fun serving with new people. Somehow I thrive on the new experiences that come my way and people enjoy hanging out with me.
So my attempt at remaining friendless failed. Thanks to Kristen, J.R., Tesse, Laurie, Dave, Kendalee, Erik, and more I have remained a happy and social person, even if it has been against my will. Perhaps I should try being a little meaner to those around me, ignoring them or blowing them off. Or maybe I'll keep them around a little while longer so that I can feel loved. I'm destined to not be lonely though and I have had quite a bit of help along the way. Thanks, I think.
1 comment:
Oh. My. Goodness. This made me laugh. Possibly because I remember this guy who had me on his choir committee for, oh, I dunno . . . forever . . . because he thought I could use a bunch more friends.
And now, to my great delight, it sounds as though he got a taste of his own medicine . . .
Post a Comment