Thursday, January 29, 2009

I left my body heat in Thailand

Ever since I returned from living in Taiwan and vacationing in Thailand I have not been warm. I can't figure out what my problem is, but it is not going away. I think it all started when we went to Thailand. We had eaten at a restaurant and purchased some Chinese food that my body did not take to very nicely. I was sick for the next couple of days. I won't go into detail, but I could not eat too much. But I wasn't allowed to just sit back and relax, of course not. We were required to take an overnight bus to Chiang Mai and then proceed to climb up a mountain. I was dead most of the trip up there cause I hadn't had much to eat.

I did make it up the mountain and slept pretty well on the mats they provided for us. They even had showers ready for us. Of course they were freezing cold and about the only thing you could do was wash the sweat off. So I did, and then I decided to just go to bed, knowing I would probably feel better in the morning. I did of course, but I think that is when the heat-producing bodies within me decided to rebel. You see, it is quite humid in Thailand, Taiwan and the rest of southern Asia. My body must have decided it was tired of working and so it shut down the warm stuff. The weather was super hot and humid as mentioned before, even the Indian Ocean was super warm. It was nice that my body decided to stop working, but it never got the memo when I moved back to the states.

This is in August, a relatively hot month historically, but not for the new Steve. I covered myself in blankets while at a campfire. I even had a jacket on, but apparently that didn't do much for me either. I figured that pretty soon the rest of the world would catch up with me but I would just have to wait until the winter season began.

So winter came and I continued to freeze. I went to Ohio as most of you should know and then drove on up to Canada. We went to Niagara Falls, as mentioned before, and let me tell you, that was freezing. Kristen was kind enough give us handwarmers, which I forget on the walk to Canada, so we froze. But I started to believe that this might in fact cure me. Because my body really had been frozen, perhaps this would wake it up. When I got home from my trip I was doing really good for a few days. I didn't have to wear two jackets for about three days after returning. Soon enough that went out the window. My body started malfunctioning once again and I found myself reaching for an extra jacket. It could have been due to the fact that someone continues to shove ice cubes down my shirt, or it could be that my body really is broken. I had made a pact though, to wear more long-sleeved shirts in an effort to stay warm. So if you care to find out if I am keeping my pact, check my other blog. If you don't care if I'm staying warm then don't check it out.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Love the title, Steve. :) And very funny. Although I hope you get your body heat back! Wo ai ni!