Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus

This Sunday turned out to be quite the eventful day. It started off with me being blessed with the opportunity to play the piano for some of the girls in my ward to sing. I was proud of myself and the job I was able to accomplish, even though I did make a few mistakes. I survived though and turned out none worse for the wear. Following the sacrament meeting by Bishop McMullin of the presiding bishopric, Kristen decided to go just a little crazy with the icicles hanging outside of the church building.


I was pleased with the results of her work. There were no deaths from the smacking and no blood either. Something tell me that her father might not have been too excited had something happened to his daughter. So we survived the episode with the icicles and were commanded to move on to the next part of the evening.


We went to the Christmas party hosted by my father's cousin and her husband and played with children. One of my cousinish persons decided to smack me in the face with soft little slippers and then jump all over me. It wasn't the most relaxing feeling but it did feel good to just have fun and not worry about discipline, oh the joys of just being a buddy. When I couldn't handle the bundle of energy in the five year-old I moved my attention to Max. He was happy enough and did not even cry when I held him. Well this party was soon drawn to a close when 6:30 came around and we whisked ourselves off to Kristen's family annual Christmas party.


The parents were clever enough to encourage the young children to sing Christmas carols around the player piano and everyone was more than willing to join in the game. Of course it had been planned that Santa would appear at the end "Here Comes Santa Claus." This was the second time in one week that Santa appeared for me at the end of the song, the first being at the library when I was asked to dress up as an elf.


I did manage to learn something new and excitng about Santa this year though. It turns out that he can blow up and shape balloons into whatever you desire. My favorite was a dragon. This up here though is Michael and whatever his animal was it now escapes me. After Santa hopped back on his sleigh we were pretty much done with the evening. We talked a little longer and then decided that going to bed early that night wasn't such a bad idea. Turns out I shouldn't have been so hopeful. I got home about 11 and didn't go to bed til 1. Someday I have got to figure out a better sleeping schedule.

2 comments:

Serena said...

thanks for playing the piano for us Steve, you did awesome and we apreciated it!

Sara said...

That baby is so cute, I could eat him up. I can't believe Kristin risked life and limb standing under those icicles!!!