So, I must say the living and working in Taiwan has given me a greater appreciation for the government system in America. Here is where it all begins. When I signed up to work in Taiwan I was told that it would be really easy to apply for a visitors visa for Taiwan. I believed them of course but then things began blowing up in my face. The San Fransicso TECO (Taiwan Economic Cultural Office) had me run circles for my visa and it took me even longer to get my visa than normal. It ended up taking about one month longer than I expected so that was truly an adventure. So that was not a highlight of my life.
The young girl on the right is one of my fourth-graders.
How about the good things that come out of Taiwan? Well, for a start we went to an awesome concert on Thursday night and had the chance to hear a few songs in Chinese and a few in English. It was nice to hear some English although I must admit that their accents were pretty strong. The mayor of Feng-Yuan was there and one of my students performed on the violin. The MC was great because she danced around during every song. Apparently Taiwan is able to produce something good, although sometimes it just takes a while.

This is the Mayor of Feng-Yuan
1 comment:
If Taiwnese bureaucracy is a roller coaster, what exactly is Taiwanese bureaucracy?
Post a Comment