In Taiwan there is this lovely little thing called the government. Someone decided to turn our school in for a minor violation and now I get to teach the kindergarten storytime class and a basic reading class. I must admit that I enjoy it and don't look forward for the day when I have to go back to teaching classes where I must prepare a lesson with a deeper meaning. So here are some pictures of my new students for the next month while we wait to get things sorted out with the government.
This is Joseph hanging from our upstairs roof. I'd like to say this was right after he found out that he had to teach kindergarten but that would be a lie. It finally rained here and the air is a little bit cleaner.The joys of morning kindergarten. I sat down and put Sky on my lap so that he would finally sit still. After I sat down I had six other kids come and take a seat. I guess it was my own fault.
We had recess during my Kindergarten Basic Reading class.
We tried to go outside during the my KBR class, but it was raining so we had to stay inside for the full three hours. The time passes quickly enough and we talked about rain and puddles instead.
Another perk with only teaching this age group is the fact that everything happens in the same small one story building. This creates a great place for children to spread illnesses, which is the current situation. Frances, the owner of the school decided to close the school a few days before the Chinese New Year so that every kid doesn't end up ill. That means I get nearly two weeks off of paid vacation. I must admit I am quite excited. I got to go to the library today but all of the books were in Chinese, I was disappointed. I thought something other than TIME magazine would be in English, oh well.
3 comments:
Don't knock Time magazine. It's my reading of choice. When I'm at the doctor's office. I've never actually paid to read it . . .
Are you desperate enough for English reading that I decided to send you a novel as part of a package (hypothetically speaking), would you actually read it?
Yes, I have considered reading a book by Dan Brown recently, and I might have to actually do it. I'm not knocking TIME either. I think that they take out a lot of the pages in the magazine though. If you send me a package I promise to read whatever I find inside. Within reason of course :)
Oh come on, you've got to give me more credit than THAT in the book department. Would I give you anything not "within reason"? I would even consider yielding to middle ground and sending you creative non-fiction to satisfy the way both of us read. Although I don't know if I'd be able to resist the temptation to send a novel.
I mean, otherwise what are my odds of saying you'd even attempted to read a novel I recommended??
Post a Comment