Sunday, January 6, 2008

Adventures in Church

So I have finally decided to update my blog after many complaints from admiring fans. Joseph my roommate can hear them screaming. It's all in his mind, I think that he is going crazy, sometimes I worry about him. If you read his blog then you'll know what I mean. Anway, I told you that I would be writing about my life and that is why you came to my blog so I should probably live up to my word and follow through.

As the title of the blog states, there are adventures in going to church in Taiwan. For instance, going to the ward activity proved to be quite the adventures. We made it onto the bus and we though that we knew where we were going. We were getting a little overconfident and then suddenly I realized that we had passed the stop which we had gotten off at the week before. You wouldn't imagine the things that run through your head when you are racing through the streets of a foreign country where everything looks the same and the character mean next to nothing to you. Because none of us in our group speaks any workable Chinese we would have been lost for days. Luckily we did get off of the bus though and made it to the church. Granted we were a little bit late for the activity but we made it without any harm done.

So the ward activity was . . . interesting. We played a game where an egg gets passed in a circle on a spoon. An innocent activity, if the egg is hard boiled. Unfortunately the eggs had not been hard boiled and well lets just say we got a little overly emotional involved. One of the members of the circle got bumped after the egg had been passed to him and he dropped the egg. We cleaned up the first mess and then we tired to hurriedly pass another egg and this happened:

The next day in priesthood we noticed that the egg had lefts its mark and we couldn't let the moment pass by without proper documentation.

So the church. I have already posted a picutre of what it looks like but I have failed to mention that it is in the middle of city with a hospital on one side, the mission home and office directly next door and shopping centers around the rest of the church center. However the highlight would have to be the cafe located due north of the chapel:

We have not yet investigated exactly what they sell yet but it certainly seems to be sending some sort of messege to the people of Taiwan. Maybe Marihuana is the next big thing in Taiwan that I am not currently awared of yet.

On a different not many of you have been worried about me finding a Taiwanese bride while living in the country but it has already been one week and there is no reason to fear yet. At least that is what I thought until I got on the bus to go to church this morning. I sat down in the back of the bus in a row with a little table to put your belongings on. I looked down and saw this:

I started thinking about taking this diamond shaped item with me and using it to propose to a girl, thinking that this might be just the sign I was looking for. The thought did cross my mind but I thought better of it and did not take it. But it did put me into a difficult spot. I wanted to take it up to the bus driver and tell him that I had found it, but then I realized that he would not understand any of the words coming out of my mouth and I should just save my breath. Now when the time is right I will have to go to a local jewerly store and make my purchase there. This sign might be just the place I decide to pick up the ring for my lover!

How much you love me anyways? Are you reading my blog? Anyways, I have probably talked for long enough and I should go to bed earlier than I did last night. I will have a full day teaching kindergarten and fifth grade, it should be a blast! Have a nice sabbath day, mine was enjoyable.

4 comments:

joseph said...

steve, nice work. though i do wish you weren't so popular. i can't get the screams and shrieks of your adoring fans out of my head. they all seem to taunt me with, "oh, don't you wish you were as cool as steve? steve this and steve that." with any luck as your apprentice, maybe someday you can have my fans screaming in your head . . . maybe.

Kristen said...

Of course I read your blog. Honestly.

Katie said...

We just barely straightened the record on me NOT holding your hand and now you're asking about me loving you?

Steve, make up your mind!!

Nathan said...

Hey Steve! It sounds like you're having a heck of a time over there!!! I gotta say that church there sounds like it would be a really neat experience. Well, hope you have the time of your life!