Many moons ago I worked at the Centerville library. Do I still wish that I worked at the library? Sometimes, but I like my current job too. So I went to the library a million years ago and one of the librarians asked if I would be willing to do storytime for national speak like a pirate day. For some reason I consented, not sure what got into me. So I did it and I quite enjoyed it. I had to fudge a little on one of the stories cause we ran out of time and I just made stuff up, like I did while teaching kindergarten in Taiwan. So I managed to make it through storytime and everyone said I was quite engaging and they asked me to come back. I have realized in my short life that you should never be afraid to do anything new. Either it will be well received and you'll get to do it again, or you fail and you never have to embarass yourself again. So take some risks, act like a pirate, read some kids a story, you never know what you might end up loving.
::{ Florida Fun }::
10 years ago
1 comment:
That was one amazing costume I wish I could have seen it. I especially like the nickers, and the socks that were a bit to short to cover your legs. Classic.
Post a Comment