Recently we started a lunch group after Choralaires. It is by no means an exclusive group, changing nearly every week with the core being J.R. and myself. So where did this new tradition begin? I think I could be safe to say it might have started with our first Choralaire Sunday back in October.
Somehow food and singing has been merged at the WSU LDS Institute. I'm not opposed to it but it has given my budget a run for its money. But it gives me an opportunity to bond with my fellow choir members and continue to make friends that I will have to live in December when I finally recieve a degree. But until then I'll have to milk it for all it's worth.
Going out to lunch kind of started out slow. I went on little excursions with one or two people at my favorite restaurants, trying to save money.
But then we decided to blow the bank and go to Olive Garden! We loaded up on soup, salad, and breadsticks and then I literally rolled into work. Well that's a lie, I did no rolling whatsoever. After attending the Olive Garden we had to cut back a little and that left us with Jake's Over the Top as an alternative.
So the invite is out, all of you interested in joining our lunch group, whether permanently or for a one time get together, just invite yourself and find J.R. after choir and we'll come up with something.
Though I admit some people might feel pressure to come to lunch, but I won't use the marshmellow roaster again, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment