Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Obsessions

I have recently been told that I possess a few obessions. Some of them I have been aware of, others not so much. So lets find out more about Steve. This is what I spend most of my time doing when I don't have to be studying in school. So in no particular order here goes it:
Reading
This is something I spend way too much time doing. Since returning from Taiwan in July I have read fifteen books and the list continues to grow. I tend to read about five books at once so I get through them quickly. I would love to claim that most are for school but that would be a lie.
Journal Writing
Now you must understand that journal writing is an experience when I participate in the process. I currently have ten journals running all at once. You've got the regular writing one, scripture studying journal, quotes, list of books to read before I die, list of books I've gotten through before my death, things I've managed to learn about myself, goals, movies I've seen and one other I care not to share. But I do enjoy it, even if I appear to be just a bit extreme.
Taking pictures
I always have my camera with me, which I am happy to say most people in my life really are okay with. It doesn't really matter what the activity is, I'll also have my camera, my laptop is also beginning to gain a more prominant place in my life, hopefully I won't start carrying it around in my pocket.
Taking pictures of bugs
This is a new obsession and whenever I see a bug out comes the camera. I'm not afraid of getting stung by a bee if I can get a decent picture.
Politics
I like studying political science and have probably read too many books on the subject. I'll never share a political opinion, although I do have them and man is this election turning out to be even more exciting than initially anticipated. This year I again be working doing election polling. It's good money and should be an easy day.

Teaching children
I never thought that teaching primary prior to my mission would turn into a job that would send me overseas, to West Ogden and wherever else the future holds. Something about teaching the up and coming generations are exciting. I enjoy being a teacher but have realized that nothing can compare to the love and attention of a real parent. There simply isn't enough of Mr. Adams to go around and I'll admit it I have my favorite students.
Taiwan
As much as I wish it wasn't true, my heart still manages to find its way back to Taiwan at least once a week. Something about the else and bliss of living overseas, though I hear the same can't be said of the mainland.
Singing
Ever since Ms. Jeanne McGuire put me into the musical my sophmore year of high school I have been in a choir and have managed to grow quite a bit. I am singing in my last college choir this semester and haven't figured out what happens next. Though about auditioning for another musical but I'm just not sure if I have it in me. It has been an excellent springboard though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a fun post. I did not know you were so into journaling. That's great.

Lots of fun info on Steve!

Katie said...

So first things first: if that's a post of all your books, I think we're probably about even. Also, the arrangement of my books is prettier than the arrangement of your books.

(Still, you'd probably be pleased to know that a new friend from the ward asked why I didn't arrange my books differently. He made fun of the short-to-tall arrangement, but doesn't know me well enough to move them around)

Lastly, I remember you sharing a political opinion or two in my last semester of undergrad (which was two years ago! my how time flies . . .) I'm just sayin' . . .

Jessica's Excellent Adventures said...

That was fun, but the bus ride kinda made me car sick.