So yes, in fact I do work at the YMCA not just volunteer there, although sometimes it feels as if I have no control over the situation at work. But the kids are cool nonetheless and I am slowly getting use to American children once again. Who knew that kids from West Ogden could be so different from kids in central Taiwan? Well regardless I am here to stay, at least for the next couple of months, or until they threaten me against taking any more pictures. My poor co-workers must hate me for spending too much time doing that but no one has yet to say anything, so I'll continue as if I don't know any better. I do enjoy working with these kids although sometimes I am forced to pull teeth. It isn't my favorite thing to do but it gets me through the days. Not all of the kids are trouble makers in fact most are not.
This is Nina and Nina does know how to get the job done. It is helpful having a few of the kids doing their homework because it makes my job that much easier. All in all the kids seem to like me most of the time and they are good practice for the day I get to become a dad. I already know what doesn't work so I can skip those useless attempts.
On top of trying to figure out how to raise children I also get to pretend how to entertain them. I must admit this is just a wee bit harder in America than it was in Taiwan. It could have to do with the fact that there are thirty kids here, or the fact that they are all different ages, or I might just be clueless as to how to control a classroom. I remember when I thought teaching was a piece of cake, I have no idea where that crazy notion came from. But I have since been kicked off my high horse and have had to continue to do crazy things to keep smiles on faces, even if it is just my own. So if your curious I invite you to check out more pictures from the YMCA by clicking here.
No comments:
Post a Comment