Most of the credit for the party should go to Jessica even though she's still in Taiwan. For some strange reason she was willing to get up at 6:30a.m. Taiwanese time and talk to us, why I'm still not quite clear. But she did manage to humor us for quite a while and lasted much longer than I would have on Skype being a world away. She giggled in the correct places, smiled when she was suppose to and when we started hanging up on her every five minutes she was always on the phone when we called her back. She must know that we are all in desparate need to friends so she sacrificed her life for our needs. So you might be asking yourself exactly who it was that attended the party, well here they are:
If you have managed to forget who these people are then I suggest that you return to Sara's blog and you should be able to figure it out. If you are still have problems then I suggest that you give Joseph Castleton a call and he should be able to help you out.
In addition we had a few special guests join us that have managed to enter the Taiwan fold within the last little while. Alisha, the girl in the white, trained us to be wonderful teachers last December and then took off for Texas. Liz, in the blue top and white skirt, was kind enough to take us around Thailand and act as a tour guide. We saved hundreds of dollars having her come along with us. Thanks for helping us keep change in our pockets. The girl behind my head is Kristen and I met her at EFY a few weeks ago. She seemed nice so I invited her over for the party. Turns out she actually enjoyed it. Next to her we have Colby, a friend of Emily Joy's who joined us in our travels around Taiwan. Funny kid. Lorin is the last member of the party and is shown here in a red and white shirt. He's dating Tammy so we decided that she could probably bring him along and it'd be alright.
Of course during the party we ate, drank and were merry. Pizza was the mine ingredient on the menu with a smattering of Chinese food provided by Tammy. Drinks consisted of fresh water from the Centerville City well, even though we happen to live in Bountiful. And of course no Taiwan reunion would be complete with the dancing game. I'd like to try to explain it but again if you have no idea how to play I suggest you talk to Whitney before she moves to France. Again if that doesn't work out then try Joseph again. So yes the party was a success. Will we do it again? I surely hope so.
3 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun. Glad you guys got to be reunited.
So much fun! That party helped make my world right again-for a while at least...Can't wait for the 2009 Berhan Reunion Extravaganza!
I hope that it happens again too, because I'll be sad if I never get to come to a Taiwan reunion! By the way... did you call me the other day. Or maybe a better question was did you mean to call me the other day?
Post a Comment