And then it hit me. About one week ago my trunk stopped closing all the way. I tried pulling the latch out like I normally would when it doesn't close but that hadn't worked. So I had attached a bungy cord to it to keep it closed. I drove up to Ogden and back on Monday and then parked the car until Thursday night. Apparently because the trunk didn't close all of the way it drained my battery. I have since pulled a bit harder on the trunk lack and now it will close. Oh, and p.s. the back of my car looks nothing like this due to an accident immediately prior to my moving to Taiwan last December. So my car is currently drivable, but we will see how long that lasts.
So that car problem got me thinking about other car problems which I have had in the past. Last Winter or Fall, I can no longer remember which, I was driving up to Ogden for a morning class and all of a sudden I saw smoke coming from the airconditioning controls. It shocked me just a little bit and I pulled over to see if I could do anything about it. Likely it stopped, the smoke that is, and I finished driving up to school though a bit hesitant. I made it back home later that night and then my dad decided to see if he could be anything about it. I think the only thing he could see was a bunch of dust so he cleaned it up and we called it good.
And then there are the other stupid things I have done to my car. A friend and I decided to take an afternoon off and attend the Ogden Temple, but had gotten lunch before we went inside. We parked in the temple parking and left only the aircondition on so we won't die of heat. Then we finished our meal and popped the trunk, locked the doors and then got out and shut the doors. Notice that I never pulled the keys from the ignition. We scratched our heads for a while and then decided to clear out the trunk and see if we could push in the back seat from the trunk. Luckily it all worked out and for some unknown reason I decided to leave my suit jacket on during the entire ordeal. But we got the keys and made it inside the temple.
The final story in our saga takes place in Provo, Utah. I was going to lunch with a bunch of friends after an activity at a ropes course. I had a whole bunch of stuff in my front seat and randomly gathered things together, such as my camera, wallet, keys, etc. Well it turns out that I really had not gathered my keys up. But luckily, if you can call it that, my sunroof is broken and so we went in from the top with belts, a coat hanger, car antenna and some elbow grease and managed to get the keys out of the car. Now I have my keys attached to a landyard so that it is easier to grab with a coathanger when it happens again. Needless to say, I do love my car and I actually have already made money from it due to an accident in Provo. So I'll continue to drive my car into the ground as it continues to fal apart.




1 comment:
Hi,
It's me, berhane language institute.
Post a Comment