Maybe if I had received my Bachelors degree I would be more qualified to teach these little guys and girls. But alas I must struggle through the next six weeks, but have no fear. I start my final class on the tenth of May and then I can recieve the much coveted Bachelor's degree.
UnfortunatelyI won't be able to enjoy all of the wonderful things about Weber that I was able to enjoy while living back at home. The basketball games were amazing. Sometimes I even managed a small smile when we managed to win a game or two. Apparently we didn't do so well in this game, but were Weber State.
Another great thing about attending classes on campus is hanging out with our teachers. This is Bro. Woodstock, he let us carry him around when his load got to heavy to bear. He even let us come over to his house and have a BBQ. I don't think that I'll get to hang out with any professors while in Taiwan, unless my professor decides to take a few days off and come on a trip.
But let's face it, trips are out of the picture. That means no trips to Sin City this year. Wish I could go back to that life again but I get to stay here and ensure that the ship is sailing smoothly here, but really let's not kid ourselves. The kids prefer running around the room instead of keeping all hands on deck. But being pirates and all I don't think they care much about following the rules. I mean the pirate code turns out to be more a set of guidelines instead of rules anyways.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Do you guys get to see the CES firesides out there? Did you at least get to see the choir sing? (My roommate and I watched it at our friends' house, and they all thought I was nuts, because I was pointing out everyone I recognized in the choir thusly: "And that's my Andrea. And that's my Janel. And that's my Stephanie . . ."
Anyway, I have to admit to laughing about you teaching without your degree. Mostly because it reminded me of all the expectations I had when I was tutoring college students and how those expectations were rather quickly defeated.
P.S. I think it's kind of crazy that you wrote this on Tuesday in Taiwan, but it's still Monday here in Bountiful . . .
Post a Comment