So last week Frances, our boss, called a meeting with all of the teachers and asked us to prepare song and dance routines for some of our classes. She was kind enough to allow me to take care of the kindergarten routine. Originally I had visions of the kids being able to pull off 'Be Our Guest' from Beauty and the Beast and having it be the show stopper. My hopes were soon dashed though when I played the song for the kids. They all just sort of stared at me when I turned it on and sat there. I had expected them to at least get up and attempt to dance but nothing happened. Luckily I had two more full CD's of Disney songs for the kids to choose from and when we broke up into groups the chaos ensued.
This is the oldest group of kindergartener's which we have. I turned on 'True to Your Heart' and the kids went crazy. Teresa is the girl with red and yellow sleeves. Corey is the boy in the middle, Stacey is the larger girl and Sharon is the other one. Sean also busted out his breakdancing moves to impress the ladies. Needless to say I decided to go with this song instead since I knew they already enjoyed groovin' to the beat.
This is my kindergarten basic reading class aka the Asian BackStreet Boys. This was not choreographed but improv. You'll notice Michael near the end of the movie off in his own little world providing the echo for the rest of the class. These Taiwanese kids really know how to bust a move and it continues to be quite entertaining watching these kids, trying to figure out exactly what it is that they might try next.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! I can't get over the MK kids freestyling...I had to watch it five times just to see all their moves...who knew they actually have rhythm?
That was so funny. I have really enjoyed reading your blog!
Janessa
I'm depressed now. Those kids dance far better than I do . . .
And if you want any study helps once you get back, I'll still be good for it. I have books for the GRE and everything.
Except that they'll probably be somewhat outdated by the time you take it . . .
I think my favorite is Sean breakdancing - can you ask him to teach me to do that someday? :) It looks like you are having an awesome time and looks like the kids are loving having you there with them!
Post a Comment