Being a teacher in Taiwan requires me to be around children for a good part of the day, who would have guess. For those of you who know me, you know that I always have my camera with me and I try to get random pictures. With teaching it is the same concept and my kindergartener's and basic reading class still enjoy getting their picture taken. As I have been able to document many interesting moments in the classroom. Have my camera has also been a good thing because most of the time I forget to bring a watch to the playground when we are on our breaks. I can take pictures though and find out the time. So with that introduction here are the children that have become the reason for my existence. In this blog I present the kindergartener's.

At the beginning of the day I get to see the group called the Teddy Bears. They are my favorite group because quite frankly I think they are the cutest group. They don't talk much but they make me laugh and start my day out with a smile. So going around the circle clockwise and begining with me I start the introductions. Directly to my left is Owen, followed by Jenny, Oscar, Dream, Angelica,Yvonne and Brandon. This picture was taken during snacktime. Kindergarten consists of three groups and after I see the first group I give them a snack of some kind. Then I get the Dolphins followed by the Dinosaurs.

The second group I teach is an older group that understands a lot more English. From left to right: Sean, Teresa, Louie, Zach, Stacey, Paula and Corey. Sharon is the other Dolphin but she tends to run around like crazy whenever I'm not telling her to sit down. Other personalities of note include Paula who hates kindergarten and cries nearly everyday. Stacey knows the answer to everything and the rest of the kids are just a barrel full of energy.
.JPG)
As you can see in this picture they managed to drag me across the floor while we were reading a story about how Papa Bear gets rescued by Brother Bear and his friends. We decided to reenact the story, though it wasn't quite as successful as I would have hoped.

This is a small portion of the Dinosaur group, Aden and Jerry. Neither one of them really want to speak english at the moment but they are trying. Aden runs around the room with a smile on his face and Jerry, on the left, will copy everything you say in the hopes of getting a token. "Jerry do you want a piece of bread?" Jerry responds, "Do you want a piagag bred?"
.JPG)
Here again we see Yvonne and Stanley. They have become better friends as of late. It is quite interesting to see the way children pick out their friends in kindergarten. Sometimes I wonder if the kids have crushes on one another. Owen always wanted to sit by Angelica for about a week and now Stanley likes sitting by Yvonne. Who knows, maybe someday these children will be able to say they meet their spouse in kindergarten.

No introduction would be complete with the famous Sky and Dream duo. They are cousins and started kindergarten just a few months ago. They are really good friends and so for a while it was difficult to get them separated but now Sky is willing to part with Dream and Dream hates coming into the classroom. Sky turned three on Tuesday and dream is a little bit younger. Sky loves to sing the songs and he has done great. I think that he understands what he is saying most of the time. Dream on the other hand can be a handful. She hates kindergarten and never wants to go to class. She usually spends the three hours in the hallway with the secretaries but she is just too young.
.JPG)
So now you have met a few of my kids. I hope I haven't bored you, but I have decided that I am allowed to brag about my kids because I play with them probably just about as often as their own parents.
1 comment:
The kids seem to mostly have American names. I find that quite interesting. The certainly look like a lot of fun. I didn't realized they were so young though. It's a different world there I suppose.
Post a Comment