Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Matchmaking in Taiwan

As some people have asked about the dating situation here in Taiwan I've decided to indulge and make things up. There are two of us guys and eleven girl. So the odds are in our favor. We will all be sharing our apartment for the next six months so I don't think anything will happen. In all reality no dates will be happening and I don't think that anyone will be hooking up. But even though no one will be dating I decided to pretend that it is possible and use the pictures I have taken to recreate dates that in all reality never happened. I hope that you find this entertaining and realize that while most of the situations really happened, the dates are not real.

Marriage is a process of finding your eternal companion which will hopefully turn out to be your best friend forever, similar to Mickey and Minnie Mouse. It is no different here in Taiwan except for the fact that the only eligible native English speakers happen to be Joseph and I. We have eleven girls to pick from and invite them to be our best friend forever. Let us meet the bachelors.

This is Joseph. His current manbag looks nothing at all like this, although the motto on this bag says it all. Ladies you must love him before it is too late. He is currently teaching kindergarten and basic reading. He should have just enough training to raise his children when the time arrives. He should be attending graduate school in the fall somewhere in America studying Russian . . . something.

This is the other bachelor in Taiwan. Of course it is me trying to be superman. None of the girls currently seem to be impressed with this costume, but hopefully I will manage to change someone's mind and bring them home to meet my parents. I also teach kindergarten and basic reading and so I'm becoming prepared to raise my children too. Hint, hint.


And so now the competition begins. Girls, how much you love me? Will Steve and Joseph be able to land a girl within the next six months? In all reality it shouldn't happen and neither one of us are trying, but we will pretend that it is happening. Hopefully I'll have more pictures to post and you'll get to meet the bacheloretts soon! Until then.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That Superman picture looks astoundingly familiar. Hmm, wonder why that is . . . also, I'm beginning to feel certain places in Taiwan look remarkably like my parents' living room :)