On Friday night I went to the gymnastics meet at the Uof U. We got up during half-time and had to sing the YMCA song. The song never brought any feelings to my heart until this past vacation to Ohio/Canada. I had the blessed opportunity to stay at the YMCA and it was not my favorite. It was a little dirty and felt just a bit creepy. Could have been because it felt like we were in the ghetto and we probably were. I had an experience there which I will never forget. I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom and accidentally dropped my toothbrush. I thought maybe I could brush it off or something, you know the 10-second rule. I picked it up and it had black specks all over it. I decided that throwing the thing away was my best bet. So as the song played over the loudspeaker I got to thinking about the places we stayed at while in Thailand and how I would have preferred to be staying there.
While in Chiang Mia we stayed in a hilltop village with wooden floors raised up on stilts and a bathroom that, well you can see for yourself. I was prepared for what awaited me and I didn't expect first class service so I wasn't disappointed. I even slept like a log and then breakfast was waiting for me when I woke up. So I would rather stay at the top of a mountain instead of the YMCA.
After traveling down the mountain we made it back to our 83 Baht or $2.5o hostel. It had plenty of room and we were happy to have warm water once again. It might have been a little cramped but it's a foreign country and it only cost two and a half bucks. We were pleased with the situation.
While in Krabi we went all out and spend $30 for two nights in our own private suites. The bathrooms were crawling with ants but that is what the spray thingy was for. So the moral of the story is don't spend $20 a night for a room at the YMCA. It isn't worth it. And never let me book your hotel room because this time it was all my fault.
4 comments:
That was quite educational. Thanks for sharing.
Steve, are you implying that our exquisite accommodations in Thailand are my fault?
WE had our baby Sunday night. We have not been able to put pictures up, but you can go to our blog and link to Heather's sister's blog (Brittney) or her Mom and Dad's blog..they have pictures. I hope all is well for you:)
Jake Heather and Cambria Yospe
I'm glad you still have pictures of me, seeing as how all the ones you gave me from Taiwan are in some pawn shop somewhere.
Post a Comment