Saturday, December 15, 2007

Viva la Visa

I finally got a visa and I will be leaving to go to Taiwan on the 27th of December. It is a little bit crazy to think that I will be going but I’m really going to do it. As it turns out I am the only person in my group going over to Feng-Yuan that currently has a visa. For all of you traveling overseas for any reason, make sure that you apply very early to get your visa. I had to call the San Francisco Office ten times and sign my life away three times. But it finally went through.
As per other news in my life, I got in a car wreck on Wednesday after I finished my training (for teaching English in Taiwan). I was hit from behind and my bumper got bruised. I am okay though and as long as my car will last until I go to Taiwan, I should survive. School is also done so now I can do nothing, well at least I can pretend. Trying to go to a foreign country tends to keep a person busy.

3 comments:

Katie said...

What exactly is involved in signing your life away--do you actually give your life to somebody if you sign it away? Are you being overdramatic? Drat, I guess I'm even facetious online. Probably blunt too, but then you always appreciated my honesty . . .

P.S. You won't recognize me by 'nym, but if you go to my profile page and look at my e-mail link and still don't know who I am, I might have to disown you.

Janel said...

Hello friend. Good luck on your trip!

Scott and Steph said...

Hope you made it safe and sound. Thank you for all that you have done for us!! I think it is so cool how life brought you and steph together at EFY, and how you introduced her to the Chorale, and by doing so helped to introduce her to me! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask, we will try our hardest to help in anyway!!

Love your friends,
Scott and Steph Smith 8>)